Surprise.com is on a mission to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy. Our Surprise Box, and delightful companion app, is the most exciting way to get amazing goodies from brands you love and brands you’re about to love. With daily games, the ability to send and get Surprises from friends, and Grand Surprises – every day is filled with wow!
We are currently looking for motivated software engineers specialized in Java development to join our team as Senior Engineers and help us continue driving our tremendous growth. This is a high visibility role at a rapidly growing organization with countless opportunities for professional development and upward mobility.
What will you be doing?
- Building a unique and innovative product;
- Joining a cross-functional team comprising all the expertise necessary to design, build, deploy, operate, and support;
- Driving and participating in technical design sessions;
- Building a product according to micro-service architecture principles;
- Working with real feedback from live users worldwide to adjust and improve the product.
What we are looking for?
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Strong knowledge of Java Core with 5+ years of experience;
- Ability to produce clean, accurate, high-quality code;
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Web and others);
- Good knowledge of JPA;
- Practical understanding of software design patterns and data structures;
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD concepts;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience using relational databases and SQL;
- Experience with unit testing;
- Good communication skills.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems: AWS, Kubernetes;
- Understanding of micro-services architecture;
- Ability to document the technical design of your solution prior to implementing it;
- Experience troubleshooting live issues in production environment.
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!
Apply for Senior Java Engineer, Poland
Get up to $3K for a reference
If you noticed a perfect match for a friend