Surprise.com is on a mission to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy. Our Surprise Box, and delightful companion app, is the most exciting way to get amazing goodies from brands you love and brands you’re about to love. With daily games, the ability to send and get Surprises from friends, and Grand Surprises – every day is filled with wow!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player to lead our Unity team. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
With constant development of both live games and prototypes, game programmers have a ton of responsibilities here, and we’re looking for the best of the best – the type of engineers we could build entire teams around.
What will you be doing?
- Being involved in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface;
- Supporting and contributing new ideas to game design;
- Writing robust code to be used at massive scale;
- Independently creating complete solutions from scratch;
- Working as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of experience in technology development, with at least three years spent on using Unity;
- 2+ years of experience managing teams in a fast paced, agile environment;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar technical field;
- Experience in the development of UI, audio, animation systems, shader effects;
- Good CPU and GPU optimization skills;
- Deep understanding of mobile platforms and their specific requirements;
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and development;
- Apart from core game dev competencies, having a well-rounded fundamental skills including performance, design, architecture, and testing patterns.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience in native development for Android or iOS;
- Released titles in Unity on a mobile platform is a big plus;
- A particular focus in one of these areas: Architecture, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Network, WebGL, Client Security.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern office in the heart of Lviv (Magnus);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation and Public Holidays of Ukraine;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- Medical Insurance;
- Corporate Taxi (from/to office; up to amount);
- Parking option;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!
Apply for Engineering Manager, Unity
Get up to $3K for a reference
If you noticed a perfect match for a friend